This tutorial is for beginners, to show how to buy the Attrace token ($ATTR) and get it in your wallet. ATTR is an ERC20 token, which means that it lives and is tradable on the Ethereum network.
ATTR is listed June 23rd 2021, on two decentralised exchanges (DEX): SushiSwap and UniSwap. A DEX is a type of cryptocurrency exchange which allows for direct peer-to-peer cryptocurrency transactions to take place online securely and without the need for an intermediary.
So in order to obtain ATTR token, you need to have a crypto wallet with Ethereum (ETH) or another ERC20 token, so you can 'swap': Exchange one token for the other.
If you already have MetaMask or another crypto wallet set up, you can skip this section. MetaMask is a free and secure wallet, that is most easy used as a browser extension. The video below goes through the following steps:
- Find the MetaMask extension in the Chrome store.
- Add MetaMask as extension for Google Chrome
- Use the MetaMask internal exchange to buy ETH
In this tutorial we use MetaMask with Chrome, but you can use any other crypto wallet compatible with the DEX you want to trade on.
Always backup your wallet. If you lose your private key or seedphrase, all your funds are lost.
By default, MetaMask will not show the ATTR balance in your wallet, you need to first add the ERC20 contract to your MetaMask wallet.Click this link to automatically add ATTR token to your MetaMask wallet
If this does not work, you can try to add the token manually, by following this tutorial.
Now we will utilise the DEX for exchanging ETH for ATTR token. In the example we use SushiSwap, but in a similar way one could obtain Attrace through UniSwap. The process is simple:
- Go to the SushiSwap website, and open the app
- Connect with your crypto wallet
- Select the currency you want to swap from
- Select the currency you want to swap to, in our case we lookup the ATTR token
- Hit the 'swap' button, and confirm with your crypto wallet.